DavidGrossmanMusicDavidGrossmanMusic

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 8 Fans

Jumping Long Jumping Long

Really good game, I just wish there was less of a delay between releasing the space bar and when the meter actually stopped (I tried the mouse and there didn't seem to be a problem, and I saw that other users experienced the same thing). Beside that, I loved the game.

Obstructed Dreamscape Obstructed Dreamscape

Whenever I picture the soundtrack for a dream, I would imagine something quiet and simple like this, but maybe not as accented. Like JoshuaHughes said, since you're writing an experimental piece that is supposed to reflect a dream, I wish it were longer, and even more experimental. Also, while the experimental genre would definitely include a minimalist piece, eventually I think this piece gets too monotonous. If you are actually trying to write something that's minimalist, I'd suggest including a lot more variance and development in your thematic material.

Overall, definitely an odd track in a genre I don't write or listen to a lot, but catchy in its own way.

Rahmemhotep responds:

Yeah, it's not supposed to have a lot of instruments and it was going to have variations, but I wanted to keep this wandering feeling. I might make additions to it or something.

I play a lot of older video games, so I'm heavily influenced by old systems I've played since I was a kid, like the NES or DOS. There's a lot of repetitive music in old games. Hell, Burger Time and games like that only play a crappy little loop.

Another thing I'm going to say is that I enjoy playing with repetitive sounds that interact with a bass line or melody to create a new feeling instead of completely changing the part. That's what I was doing here.

It sounds completely different with the beat over it, or with the big synth than it did by itself.

One more thing, I didn't create the song with dreams in mind. The title came after it was complete. It's more about wandering and feeling stuck.

The King's Drive Audio Play The King's Drive Audio Play

Intense and enjoyable at the same time. When I first saw that it was an audio play, I was hesitant to listen to/review it. However, after about a minute, I was hooked. The characterization was excellent, and so were the actors. To be honest, it reminded me a little of the radio dramas from the 30s and 40s, a little bit of the crime dramas, a little bit of the comedies, and a little bit of the early USO music camp shows, but with very different approaches to each aspect. The only negative I have is that some times it was difficult to hear Vic Morrison's lines over the background noise.

LeVi422 responds:

Thank you for the review David! I know it my not be the audio everyone is expecting, but like you said, once people listen they get hooked! I'm glad you enjoyed it and it gave you nostalgic memories of old audio dramas!

Sonar Eclipse Sonar Eclipse

0:00 - Okay, let's see if I'll even like this; 0:11 - Picking up a little; 0:21 - YES. SynthGoddess hit it dead on. Based on the electronic music I've heard, the percussion is usually much stronger, but somehow I don't think it really detracts from this piece. If by 'first month of creating music' you mean you've only been writing music for a month (I'd assume this based on what's written), you definitely have an ability and talent.